Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mazda mx6 is needless to say unique. i think they all are. mine has 234,000 miles and as far as power was good untill one morning it was running really crappy it cracked popped then died. well i thought i was out of gas. so i had gas brought to me i put it in and my car started. everything was good it ran kinda crappy but it started. when i got it home i noticed it had a pretty crappy miss. so i figured id get new plugs new cap and new rotor button. all this said i now have 70 dollars in parts in my car. so i leave my car set for 3 days while i was in WV and when i get back it wont start. crank all day just not start. so i coasted down the hill and popped the clutch it started and i drove it home. the next day my car wouldn't start so i push started it again and drove it to the nearby mazda dealer. they had it for three days and it started everytime. they even let it set for 22hrs. well i went and picked my car up they said it could be my fuel pressure check valve....??? ok this sounds ok. but there is no pruff of it not starting. so i take it home and its fine for a couple of days and now its not starting again. so i start playing with different things. i figured well it might be out of time so i loosen the distributor an move it back and forth and the SOB Starts. HA so now i know its an ignition problem of some sort. so like i said Plugs, Rotor Button, and distributor cap are all NEW!!. Any ideas??? Please Help!.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
looks like your distributor is dying? look up hei mod

My mazda mx6 is needless to say unique. i think they all are. mine has 234,000 miles and as far as power was good untill one morning it was running really crappy it cracked popped then died. well i thought i was out of gas. so i had gas brought to me i put it in and my car started. everything was good it ran kinda crappy but it started. when i got it home i noticed it had a pretty crappy miss. so i figured id get new plugs new cap and new rotor button. all this said i now have 70 dollars in parts in my car. so i leave my car set for 3 days while i was in WV and when i get back it wont start. crank all day just not start. so i coasted down the hill and popped the clutch it started and i drove it home. the next day my car wouldn't start so i push started it again and drove it to the nearby mazda dealer. they had it for three days and it started everytime. they even let it set for 22hrs. well i went and picked my car up they said it could be my fuel pressure check valve....??? ok this sounds ok. but there is no pruff of it not starting. so i take it home and its fine for a couple of days and now its not starting again. so i start playing with different things. i figured well it might be out of time so i loosen the distributor an move it back and forth and the SOB Starts. HA so now i know its an ignition problem of some sort. so like i said Plugs, Rotor Button, and distributor cap are all NEW!!. Any ideas??? Please Help!.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well its a very consistent miss same time, same cylinder. it seems this way anyhow. if my distributor was failing wouldn't my miss be more all over the heads? oh and BTW my car had the HEI Mod installed when i bought it is this going to be a problem????? another question. if my distributor is bad what is the best replacement disty? i am sure they may have veried between MX6 V6, Probe Gt, Mellinia V6, what came on it????? let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
yo say the HEI mod is already installed ? or did you remove it when you bought it ?

If the hei mod is stil in place, then its not the distributor, as the reason for the usual problem has been removed and the HEI mod is doing it. Check the wiring to the HEI module and the ground its connected to.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok ill give that a shot does anyone have a diagram so i can make sure everything is wired where its supposed to be? let me know so i can get me car back up and running this moving the distributor in 15 degree weather sucks. thanks much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts