Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow..it's just problem after problem. it's pissin me off and i feel like giving up on the 6.

SOOO....winter's here, snow and all. Snow + Salt = not chrome rim friendly. So I decided to go back to my stock wheels. Got them out of the basement and began swapping wheels. I finished one side...went to the next side and started with the front right tire.

I have a hydraulic jack. I jacked up the car, loosened the lugs, take my rim off and just as I went to put the wheel under the car, the POS jack crapped on me and my whole car juss falls and bounces off my front rotor. :cry: I felt like crying...luckily for me I didn't have my coilovers all the way down, and the body kit is ok. The car was SLAMMED to the floor onto the right rotor, and all the weight of the car was on it for bout 2 hours. There was no way I could get it up. I called a friend up who i rememberd had a super flat jack. He came to the rescue, jacked up the car, and i was able to finish putting my wheels on.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM...
I'm drving normally to school, usually drive with music blasting, but this time i hear a very familiar sound as pulled up to the parking lot on the side that the car fell on. I slowly accelerate and i hear a "thump...thump...thump...thump." It definitely has something to do with rotation.

Could it be a bushing? I had both sides fixed during the summer cuz I had this problem. The sound is very familiar, but don't know exactly if it is the bushing. Could it be that when the car fell it put all that pressure onto the rotor and control arm, and therefore tearing the newly installed bushing???

I can't stand not having my car running at its best. That thump is starting to get louder the longer i drive it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
oh my gad... taht sucks !!! haha ok well let me think... after u lifted it up did u rotate the rotor? hows the movement? was it making that bump sound when the breaks were compressed? try putting a crow bar in the control arm and push it forward .. any movement? then try backwards... can u hear a pop ? check for tears in any polly
hows the top of the strut? can u see any movement from the 4 bolts on top.. (how hard was impact) u have coilover so check to see if it moved in a circle at all (not sitting correct should see where it sat before compared to where it might now be) check bottom of coil is it bent?) hummm.... tell me what u come up with after that u said it was bum bum when exceleratin.. where u turning into the car or away when entering the parking lot.. was it makin the bump when on a turn..

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man,

i'm pretty sure it only makes the sound when i'm coasting. I checked the struts and coilovers, and they're fine. (DZ's on Illuminas) when i turned into the parking lot i was turning right. but it doesn't matter cuz it makes the noise no matter which way i turn. I'll definitely try the crowbar thing first thing when i wake up and i'll let you know.
I do recall however, that i got my bushing and control arm fixed at a sears auto center. They give 6 month warranties, and I got it done in june. I still have the receipt stuffed in my glove box... SOOO i'm going to head back to them and act like i don't kno what's goin on. lol. Hopefully they'll fix whatever the problem is for free! :tup:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh man,

it was a bushing. was torn. must've been a really hard fall to do that. they fixed it but not before giving me attitude. so i started yelling, "WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS?! NOT FULFILLING THEIR WARRANTIES!!" :rocket: lol. there were alot of customers too, so they had no choice but to do it for free...:tup: Problem fixed.

thanks pork.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts