Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im installing my friends subs and i have a weird problem. when the subs play they seemingly cancel each other out playing in opposite rythem than each other. what could the problem be i was thinking maybe they were wired wrong but i checked practicaly all the wiring and they were all fine :shrug:help me please thanks

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
We would need a little more info on the setup. Are they bridged into mono channel? Are they 2 channel? What kind of box are they in? It sounds like the problems you get when you put 2 subs in a box with no divider.

G

·
Try this, Ya know how when you hook up subs they have a + and a - terminal... On ONE of the subs, reverse these connections so that the sub is hooked up *backwards*

I think whats happening is somewhere along the install, a wire got crossed so that now when one sub pushes, the other sub pulls... and they cancell eachother out. theyre out of phase.

let me know if this helps at all

rock on

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Yup, one sub has reverse polarity. Check the speaker wires to the woofers at both ends - they're reversed somewhere along the line. If more than one sub is wired from the same amp, it could be wiring inside the box. One way or another, you need to switch the wires on the backwards one. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts