Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm on my way from work and I'm driving pretty quick down this long stretch of a road. As I weave through pokey drivers I get infront of this newer oldsmobile aurora. Then while I was braking for a red light and he whips over beside me, the last thing on my mind was racing. When the light turned green I just gave it a bit of throttle then I saw the nose of his car lunge forward, I then stepped on it. He slowly pulls on me and gets about a 1 car lead until we hit 100 km/h or so.

I figured well that was a bit embarrassing, but now I realize after looking it up that they came with a 4.0 v8 with 250hp....I did pretty good considering I only make 174hp at the crank.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
yeah but they weigh 4000lbs too dont forget...

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
^ Yeah the wieght is the killer. Thats why those SRT-8 Chargers aren't nearly as fast as they should be considering its a 425hp engine
:shrug:

·
Registered
349 Posts
A 4.0 V8 making 250 hp doesn't seem like a lot for a V8. Considering how a 23K dollar MS3 has 263:D

·
Registered
245 Posts
You may have been up against the aurora's with the 3.8 supercharged motor too, but their power is really close to the v8 version. 3.8SC has more grunt in the bottom end...

Don't knock gm... Their cars look like ass, bodies rust to sh!t, but the motors (v6 and bigger anyways) are fantastic!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
You may have been up against the aurora's with the 3.8 supercharged motor too, but their power is really close to the v8 version. 3.8SC has more grunt in the bottom end...

Don't knock gm... Their cars look like ass, bodies rust to [shizzle], but the motors (v6 and bigger anyways) are fantastic!

lol yeah gotta love the 3.1's and 3.4's that have the notorious intake gasket problem!! Woohoo!! great design!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
gotta love a 4.0 l v8 that makes 250hp :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oldsmobile Aurora:

2001-2002• LX5 3.5 L (214 in³) V6, 215 hp (160 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 230 lb·ft
(312 N·m) torque @ 4400 rpm.

2001-2003• L47 4.0 L (244 in³) V8, 250 hp (186 kW) @ 5600 rpm, 260 lb·ft
(353 N·m) torque @ 4400 rpm.

edmunds.com says:

Curb Weight: 3803 lbs.

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.8 sec.
Base Number of Cylinders: 8
Base Engine Size: 4 liters
Base Engine Type: V8
Horsepower: 250 hp
Max Horsepower: 5600 rpm
Torque: 260 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm

With a 1/4 mile in the 15.8 range. Even with the few mods you have, you should of at the least held even with him. BTW, is your six an auto?

·
Banned
63 Posts
after all this time, you guys still believe your cars make power, have potential and are even fast??

You got outgunned by a better engine. This is not surprising

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe you have not noticed the joke of a V6 that is in the MX6.

I'm just saying.

Let's see, we're talking about a 2.5L V6, the same displacement as some four cylinders, and only .2 or .3 liters bigger than others. In other words, a very small displacement V6. Yet the JDM version will make 200hp and the USDM 174hp. Plus it produces this thing called torque, you know, that word that Honda owners can't tell you about?

I think for it's size the 2.5 does a very good job, it's quick to rev, making power through a very broad range and actually has good torque (that word again!).

The only joke I see is some one on an MX6 site that's always bashing them.

Why are you and Father Thomas even on this site anyway?

·
Banned
63 Posts
Let's see, we're talking about a 2.5L V6, the same displacement as some four cylinders, and only .2 or .3 liters bigger than others. In other words, a very small displacement V6. Yet the JDM version will make 200hp and the USDM 174hp. Plus it produces this thing called torque, you know, that word that Honda owners can't tell you about?

I think for it's size the 2.5 does a very good job, it's quick to rev, making power through a very broad range and actually has good torque (that word again!).

The only joke I see is some one on an MX6 site that's always bashing them.

Why are you and Father Thomas even on this site anyway?
I'm here because I was under the assumption, at one time, that these things made decent power and could be made quick. BOY WAS I WRONG. I can say this, I have owned one and driven several.

These KL engines are the jokes of the tuning world.

I have a question for you:
Why do you guys dump 10 grand into an engine just to get it into the 14s?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Well last I checked the ZE only made what, 165 torque? The KL-DE cannot make more than 150. Boy that sure is a bunch of torque compared to many Honda engines which produce MAYBE 35 less torque. From a 4 cylinder that displaces less than 2 liters might I add. You lose this argument no matter which way you look at it.

Also, I may not own an MX6 anymore, but this site supplies me with such great entertainment. I just cannot help but stick around and watch the gradual decline from a bunch of cool guys who tune Mazdas to a bunch of tools who street race against FWD Oldsmobiles. Its classic.

So again, maybe you have not noticed the joke of a V6 in the MX6. Most people play with these for a few years and then move on. Most people realize that there are MUCH MUCH better platforms with much more tuning potential.

But hell what do I know.

EDIT

BTW, just so everyone can get this out of their systems, Father Anderson and I are ass pirates with each other while hating on Mazda engines. Ah yes. Good times.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
He isn't. the problem with sounding like a douche, is that your posts are then reviewed.

he hasn't made a worthwhile post in about 3 years... and instead has decided to have a chip on his shoulder against mazdas in general..

That's his right, and if he were less douchy in his presentation, he'd still be here.

Instead, he sounds like that SRT4 idiot we had here for a while.. and as such - he's gone.

Hopefully banning him will help him move on to some other website where he can spout misinformation.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I get a kick out of people that have such a boring life and so much free time that they feel the need to go on to forums and bash enthusiasts of such forum. Its alright with me because my 1st gen GT will run laps on his b16 civic anyday:angel:

VTEC [email protected]#[email protected]##[email protected]^!#NXV SU$^U^%MDG

Sorry had to get that out.....im done now.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i used to have a 98 aurora and that 4.0L v8 is no joke. it doesn't have a godly amount of power but it'll sure move that boat of a car with ease. I think he only won because he got the jump on you. If you started at the same time, i'm sure you would have done much better. ( in response to the Original poster )

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
edit: nvm................

1 - 20 of 20 Posts