Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got home from school today and i was looking on ebay to find some hotwires to buy for my 6 so i took off one of the wires to see what size they were and when i did i noticed that there was oil all over the spark plug. so i put that one back in and began checking all the others, and found that 1 of the other front ones and 2 in the rear of the engine also have oil in them. But it gets better than that. when i poped off the rear right plug wire (the one that sits under the manifold.) the metal piece in the wire BREAKS off and is stuck on the spark plug. Because the manifold covers most of the hole its almost impossible to get a ratchet in there and undo it at the same time.

So i got the ratchet down in the hole after i went and decided to get some duralast wires cause i have a broken wire and when i finally got the ratchet to fit it pops off the extention and falls and the metal piece that was in the wire was just the right size to fit thru the hole on the ratchet head. SO now i had to run back up to pepboys and get a extending magnet inorder to get the ratchet head out of the sparkplug socket. and inorder to get the piece of wire out i had to buy 11 inch needle nose pliers. Finally after all that i was able to get the new plug wires installed and now im sitting here typing this.

Thought id give yall a laugh for the day.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i hate it when your working on one thing and you find another problem before you get done the problem your working on, i just happend to find my VC leak by mistake also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts