Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to tell about my first crack at drag racing at Cayuga. My mx6 is stock and I wanted to see how I could run. I ended up racing an early 80's vette, a 2001 vette, an old mote carlo and a civic hatch. I got raped by all of these cars. The 2001 vette was fairly close..I beat him in the 1/8 but he ended up taking me in the 1/4. The civic had a faster time than any of the three muscle cars I raced (15.1). Felt pretty rough watching this little civic a ton of car lengths ahead by the end.:mad: Oh well, it was a good experience. Everybody should get out and do it so you can see what your car can actually run.
My numbers werent that great, and it will be interesting to see a difference once I get through a few mods. My best time was a 17.0. The other three were also low 17s. My reaction times were terrible...all over 1 seceond. And my speeds were all up around 83mph.
PS: Who was in the white mx6?? I didnt see you till the end and didnt get a chance to say hey.
easy.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
kewl yo!

I went for the first time just a couple opf weekends ago.. is your 6 manual or automatic?
Driving is pretty damn hard eh?

My best time was a 15.9 with regular tire pressure, no manifold cooling inbetween runs, and I also didnt do any burnouts for the fear of killing my car or my self :)

We should go again in a couple of weeks, before the season is over... how many runs did you get in?

lates...:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rufnek. I got 4 runs in. My car is a 5spd 6. I don't know why my times were so high. I thought I'd be getting low 16s not 17s. Oh well, you've got quite a few mods on me. Those cams should get your times down even more. My cousing was running mid-low 15s in his mx3 with the 2.5 engine swap. I head out to Windsor in a week. so I difinitely wont be going back to Cayuga for a while. I come back at around Thanksgiving, so I may head out then, if its open still. That should get my times down too because of the cooler weather. I'll be sure to put up a post if and when I go.
easy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey guys

ive been to cayuga like twice. its a slow track.
its slippery compared to most tracks. last time
i was there was before my headers and stock
slipping clutch. i ran a 15.525 i think . . ?? my
buddy of mine had a bone stock probe and ran
a 16.0. drag racing is fun. =D

V

·
0 Posts
Windsor??

Taitonator, yo where abouts in Windsor? What are ya doing there? I'm going to school here, but originate from Toronto. We should hook up sometime and chill, reply or email me at [email protected].
lates

1 - 5 of 5 Posts