Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had the carpet get wet in the front passanger side. I just noticed a mildewy smell in my car today, and noticed it is soaked right infront of the seat. My seal around my windshield is coming up in a few places, so I thought that could be it, but I'm hoping for some ideas!! Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wet passenger carpet

I also have a problem with my passenger-side carpet getting wet. But in my case, it has to do with the rain, not the A/C. And it seems to be worse if the car has been sitting in the rain, as opposed to being driven through the rain. It drips down from under the dash, so I assume it is leaking in from the the base of the windshield towards the side. But I haven't really looked at it too much, because it does not occur that often.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Yep, Raw, that sounds like a leaking windshield. Propably need to take it off and put it on with new sealant. U might be willing to replace the windshield anyways when u do it. There is a risk of breaking the windshield when taking (cutting) it out.
Mici

·
Registered
579 Posts
ha!! how about that!??! I just had the same problem! I soaked up water into like 3 or 4 towels... turns out a hose had somehow been disconneced from the a/c... just reach up behind the dash and feel around... you might have the same problem... if you do feel a loose hose, try to find where it was disconnected from and put it back. hope this helped..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts