Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What is the best product for that wet tire look? What looks the best? What lasts the longest?

I am thinking about getting some of the silver "black magic tire tint".. has anyone used this? does it come off on the car?

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
324 Posts
Bought the tire tint and its just a waste of money, you have to put a ton of it on to really see it and it only lasts for a few days.
If you want the wet look I've had great luck with two products.

Eagle One -Wet Tire Shine. Make sure the tires ar dry for best results, spray on, let sit for about ten minutes and I use tire applicator to even out the remaining liquid and to rub into the missed areas.
Mequiar's Endurance- Its a gel that includes the applicator, also make sure the tires are dry, apply one coat, let sit for 10 mintues and for the best effect repeat one more time. It last longer (even when constant driving) than the sprays but it is more expensive, and when it fades, it really fades.

I use either one depending on the weather forcasts for the week or the amount of time I have to clean the car. I like to spend at least 1-2 hours on a regular wash....more if I have the time.

·
Registered
763 Posts
That Meguir Enduracne jon jon is talking bout I've heard good comments about,

I used to use just plain old armour-all on my tires but now I use Turtle Wax Tire shit, which works pretty damn good

·
Registered
242 Posts
I use the Turtle Wax foam, it works Great!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Foam? Spray?

Hmm, that stuff doesn't really work well for me, cause it sprays all over my wheels and my fenders!

I dont know how you do it

I use the turtle wax paste shit, put it on a cloth and it blackens well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts