Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably makes me sound like an idiot, but I have to ask. I have a 93... I'm not sure what years this switch is on but it is just the the left of the middle air vents. It's doesn't make a difference when I slide it up or down... it sounds like it changes something but it never feels the same. There is a button for recycled or outside air so what ion the world is this thing for??? Please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hah, You are soo stupid. Just kidding, I dont know wtf that thing is for either. Heh. Someone let us know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you turn ON your heater and select the heat to come out from the floor, or the windshield... whatever... by sliding that switch that you mentioned either up or down will allow either cool air or warm air to come out from the VENTS ONLY! That's how mine works! I guess some people like to have warm feet and cool heads at the same time...
Try it out...

Peter

·
Registered
59 Posts
On mine it works the same as GAIOS1's. Cool air on the face, warm toes.

Trev

·
Registered
47 Posts
It allows fresh, outside air in through the upper vents, while letting heat in through the floor vents and/or defrosters. It works exactly like the graphics on it show. The one graphic is blue on the top half to illustrate fresh air coming in the top vents. I don't really know why you'd want to do this, but I suppose there has to be some use to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THE "SWING" BUTTON ON THE DASH BOARD ITS SOMETHING WITH THE AIR VENTS BUT I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS, IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mine works like trevorg i dont really touch it that much so i dont really care about i just turn the heat on or roll down the windows

1 - 8 of 8 Posts