Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 93 mx6 v6 an di have 2 12 inch hx2 fosgates 500 rms each, i was wondeing what amp I should got with and if i should get a cap

·
Registered
321 Posts
lets see it really depends on how much $ you want to spend. I you don't mind spending I would say keep it all Rockford and do the power 800.2 that will make those subs bang. I am also partial to PPI they make great amps go with the pcx 1500 or the pcx 2200 or even look at the mtx 1000d those are really good amps but they are not cheep. they are about 650 on the low end. but with those amps you will get the full potential out of your subs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
oh I forgot with that kind of power you will want a cap especially if you have a fairly large amp running your front stage. I recommend alumapro they have the best caps on the market.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Mx64u2catch....

imo, i would try to find a nice classD amp. i owned a Cadence a7hc amp. puts out about 1200 watts 1 ohm mono, or 900watts at 2 ohm mono. if i knew what ohm your subs were, i could supply some more info for ya. with classD they put less of a strain on your electrical system. hence, you could try out the amp/sub configuration and see if you need a cap. i noticed with my RF 225.2 amp i had, it drew a lot of power off my jeep cherokee. not to mention the facker got hot as hell!! the Cadence did not get warm at all, and did not dim my headlights like the RF amp did. if you do plan on getting a cap, and running more than 1000watts, get a 1.5F cap. hope this helps.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i got a fosgate 800 watt amp pushing my 2 fosgate hx2 now i will get another amp for my high's

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
well....

hook up both amps, and see how many amps they drawl from your electrical system. RF amps pull a lot of amps, so im pretty sure a cap might do you good.

SolarSlash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts