Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about the Mustang V6 from say 1994 until now? What about the 1999 Neon Sport?I know the new Neon Sport goes 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds but the older ones don't have turbo.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Well its all gonna depend on the driver of course. But car to car you should be able to beat any Neon, any v6 Mustang (and GT's sometimes) and really any of the sub-$20k sedans and coupes out there. I'm not actually sure why I just took the time to type the above out since I'm an auto-crosser and speed really has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
maybe the question should be what cars can't a stock turbo beat. the list would be a little shorter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
xenomorpher said:
What about Honda Preludes?
Yes, most of them, what years?
Is the Prelude stock?
Be more specific.
I think you mean the Neon SRT, i'm pretty sure the sport is not fast at all. It just means you get a CD player or something, maybe a spoiler too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, Yeah I mean Stock turbo MX6 versus the best Stock Preludes. Also are the 2nd gen MX6 faster then 1st gen?

G

·
xenomorpher said:
What about Honda Preludes?
Enough, use the damn search button or just go and race them and then tell us in the Racing forum....

Except:

Don't Race on the street
Don't Race in the rain
Don't race in a neighborhood
Don't race in a schoolzone
Don't race in traffic
Don't race where you could get arrested
Don't race on the highway.

Do Race on the track :)

G

·
well like it was earlier said it all depends on the driver now me personally here are the cars I have beaten in my 88T and 90T
93+probe GT, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0, 1991 Non turbo supra, all generation preludes, honda crx, a turbo 90s integra, 6cyl camaro, 2000 V6 mustang.
Most of these cars had some mods. Horsepower is not the main concern its the driver. Try some courses at a local track or join a local racing community. I did Ice racing and cart racing as a kid. And went to skip barbers racing school. I have roughly 40 hours logged at watkins glen race track in NY. good luck in your races ;)

P.S. My conquest is faster :p

·
Registered
897 Posts
Generally, I'd compare the 1st gen GT with a 2nd gen LS (or GT probe) The others are about the same too- 1st gen DX and LX, 2nd gen 4cyl.

And as with almost every car, the auto should not be raced. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do not tell me to use a search button. If you do not like the topic do not look at it much less post a reply. Moreover, do not try and act tough hiding at home behind your computer.

·
Registered
737 Posts
xenomorpher said:
Do not tell me to use a search button. If you do not like the topic do not look at it much less post a reply. Moreover, do not try and act tough hiding at home behind your computer.
Dude, talking smack behind your computer and telling someone else not to do it, isn't gonna get your questions answered. The search button is very effective. Plus your still pretty new, so it might have just a been a helpful hint. Your questions are too general, that's why the search may be more effective.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts