Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the poor quality picture, it was taken with my 2 year old camera phone.

The picture is taken of the bottom of a MX6 LS leather driver's seat. I have these same two harnesses on the bottom of my PGT seats, but they are plugged into something on the seat. There are no harnesses to plug into them on the MX-6 seat.

All the functions seem to work... forward, backward, up and down in the front and rear.

I was thinking that it could be bolster or lumbar adjustment on the PGT seat, but the MX6 seat doesn't have buttons for those on the side to adjust them with.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Electric seat... Seen a couple of them around... but over here, it's one of those rare options.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Heckler said:
Electric seat... Seen a couple of them around... but over here, it's one of those rare options.
my seats are electric and i have that under mine also so i think its whats its for

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Heckler said:
Our seats are electric.. That's what he said already
Fastest95PGT said:
All the functions seem to work... forward, backward, up and down in the front and rear.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Hmm I don't recall my 94 having those...I'll have to check and see if my 93 does.

Pretty silly that they would install extra bits of harness on the line if they knew it wasn't going to be used...perhaps it was for some dealer option or something?

I don't have my chassis electrical manual here in NM, if anyone has one they should look and see if they can find these in the book.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks agiatrix.. as I did say, the seat is as electric as any seat I have ever seen in a MX-6.

So does anyone have these plugged into something? I didn't have time to try and trace where they go within the seat. :(

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Does the second gen probe have the light up seat-belt recievers like the first gen?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Optional seat warmers? One for the butt and one for the back? I think that's what he meant by "electric seat." With leather in the winter, heated seats make things much more tolerable!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That doesn't explain why my 2g PGT cloth seat has those same two harnesses but they are hooked up to something (not the floor, but hooked into the seat somewhere). However, the 2g PGT seat is not heated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
try taking the plugs out of your PGT seat and let us know if it makes any of the functions stop. That might get us closer to an answer.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm just guessing that they are for the little electric switch that makes the driver seat slide back on forth, because they are not on the passanger side seat and the passanger seat doesn't have that option. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just an idea, but could thoes be some sort of presure sensor to tell automatic seat belts that someone is sitting in the seat???? I probably wrong, but im curious also

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's no options on the passenger seat, so lets not make any comparison between the two.

There have never been automatic seatbelts in a 2g PGT or LS that I am aware of.

Good idea to pull the harnesses on my 2g PGT seat and see what does or doesn't work. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the lumbar and bolster buttons which are not on the LS seat. However, as mentioned by someone else, why bother putting it if you're not using it. . . . but manufacturers have been known to do stranger things!

This'll have to wait till after MM8 though because I don't have time to be swapping seats again before it since I'm leaving tomorrow night.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
There's no options on the passenger seat, so lets not make any comparison between the two.
If that was towards me, which it sounds like it was. If you actually read what I had posted then you will actually understand what I was talking about. On the Driver seat you have the option to make your seat slide back and forth by pushing a button type thing either back or forward. And on the passenger seat you dont have that option. On the driver seat it has those to harness things and on the passenger seat it doesn't. Now what I am trying to tell you is that it can be to make the seat slide back and forth, one harness to make it go forward and the other to make it go backwards. Im not saying thats what it is, its just what I think it is.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fastest95PGT said:
If you had read what I said, you would know that it still goes in all directions it should by it's motorized functions.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's cheaper and easier for a manufacturer to make a single wiring harness for the car and then only hook up what's needed for the market or particular order. So it's no surprise to find odd connection blocks dotted around... If you look harder, you'll find them here and there on every car made. I've got a couple under the bonnet as I don't have cruise control or aircon, some more behind the dash which are specific to the JDM market, like the connector block for the folding mirrors.

In the UK, we didn't get electric drivers seat as standard, but then we didn't get spoiler brake light either or an interior boot release... But we did get the nice projector headlights with motorsied adjustment. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts