Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know so I can order the Dawes boost controller; they want that information so they can set their controller to the stock setting before sending it to you.

With my high mileage (don't get me wrong my car runs great), I'm not planning on running real high boost; maybe 10 or so. I mostly just want the faster spool-up benefits that go along with this controller. I'm also thinking of getting one of their dual-stage boost controllers, where you could hit a switch and raise the boost to a second higher value. This way I could set it to run stock boost most of the time, then I switch to the second needle-valve thingy and "turn it up a notch". At least that's my impression of how it would work.

First I need to fix my leaky turbo oil seal. I haven't a clue how to do this so any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Stock boost can range from 6-9psi. Usually is around 6 though. The computer sometimes uses the boost solenoid to increase the boost a bit for reasons unknown.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed that the amount of boost I get from one moment to another is quite inconsistent; this may have to do with old turbo plumbing as well I suppose. Another thing on the "to do" list.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts