Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast does a 2001 Mustang with a 193HP 3.8L V6 do 0 to 60 in, there is absolutely no site on the whole internet that tells you how fast one does it in. Even ford.com wont say, what does that tell you?

·
Registered
548 Posts
It tells you that you will probably never find a manufactures site quoting 0-60 times. As for the 6cly times. C&D found the 2000 3.8 v6 Mustang MTX able to do it in 7.1 seconds. So unless you have some mods on your Mx6 and you are racing a equally good driver in the stang, you are going down. Now if your going up against a 2000 Camaro v6. Then you should be able to beat it. It has a 0-60 of 7.7 sec.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info man, however I dont think my friend can handle the clutch as well as I can, so there may be a chance :)

G

·
i think you will be able to take him pretty easy, I have raced a few 1999-2001 and beat them all by atleast a car length. Most of them don't race, they just get the car because it is pretty, but you can handle him, don't worry. And shift around 7300-7400 or hit rev limiter, the true redline. You won't be hurting the car.Peace and tell us what happens.

·
Registered
231 Posts
SOME MORE INFO ON BEATING A V6 STANG

MY BEST FRIEND JUST GOT A 2001 V6 STANG, HE IS PROBABLY A BETTER DRIVER THAN ME ( I WILL BE BETTER SOON) AND WE RACED ON SOME OLD COUNTRY ROAD AND I BEAT HIM BY ABOUT A CAR LENGHT AND A HALF AT 65-70 MPH (WITH ME IN FRONT THE WHOLE WAY) WE RACED MANY TIMES THAT DAY AND NOT ONCE DID HE GET ME :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts