Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i do with the Dohc 16 valve 4 banger?.... I just took ownership of a 95 mx6 and its the lil 4 banger 5 speed....... any recomendations?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
go to 2nd gen performance and theres a sticky at the top of the page for ya, has every thing you should need, also the search button is your new best friend:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey i have exact same year and same engine! i am installing my own CAI in the next month, when i get it, i think its prob one of the most easiest and good mod to start with, i'll prob go with some exhaust mods, most likely a cat, and headers are pretty popular, these small mods will give u around 20-30 hp gain, unless you are looking for extreme hp gain (100+) these are prob the best mods

btw read the sticky threads in the performance section by parisifal (he explains everything in detail and theres many options you can choose)

-bill

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
AznPoo said:
hey i have exact same year and same engine! i am installing my own CAI in the next month, when i get it, i think its prob one of the most easiest and good mod to start with, i'll prob go with some exhaust mods, most likely a cat, and headers are pretty popular, these small mods will give u around 20-30 hp gain, unless you are looking for extreme hp gain (100+) these are prob the best mods

btw read the sticky threads in the performance section by parisifal (he explains everything in detail and theres many options you can choose)

-bill
those mods will net closer to 10-15hp if that high, IMO still worth it. thats around a 10% increase in power. next thing to think about would be an FSZE intake camshaft. or turboing

·
Registered
261 Posts
mmmmmmmBoosties. See the link to my 97 Probe in my signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts