Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I raced that SRT-4,

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146529

Every time he shifted...I would hear a loud pop coming from his exhaust....it sounded like a backfire....and I didn't like the sound.

Either way, I'm sure it was something that he had done to Make it do that....but what? And is it a performance mod? Or just a "noise mod"....LOL.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
All srt-4's pop. With 3" full exhaust it gets to the point its crazy loud. I have seen alot of them shoot flames out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No muffler from the factory? LOL.....that is FUNNY.

Thanks for the answers y'all. I didn't like it....at all.

I guess I'd get used to it though.

It's funny, since I didn't see any emblems and all, there was a MINOR hint of maybe it wasn't an SRT-4. Then, when he raced and beat me....I was 99% sure it was an SRT-4.....but since I haven't raced hardly anyone...I wonder if my MX6 is slow.

Now, I'm 100% sure it was an SRT-4....LOL...I was thinking....surely it wasn't N/A.....he'd have to do A LOT to make it run like that N/A.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
monoxidechild said:
hey jiffy. did u buy your mx6 from a kid named matt?
....If you're talking about the Chicago one...his name was Yung....tall and skinny dude, and a real good liar/salesman.

If your talking about Dawgofnate's car....his name was Nathan...and is a cool dude.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
....If you're talking about the Chicago one...his name was Yung....tall and skinny dude, and a real good liar/salesman.

If your talking about Dawgofnate's car....his name was Nathan...and is a cool dude.
I'm probably completely confused... but im pretty sure he meant someone... who's name was matt :urg:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rcoolb2002 said:
I'm probably completely confused... but im pretty sure he meant someone... who's name was matt :urg:
...in otherwords, No, I didn't buy the car from some one named Matt (I bought 2 MX6s, one from Yung, and one from Nathan).

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
...in otherwords, No, I didn't buy the car from some one named Matt (I bought 2 MX6s, one from Yung, and one from Nathan).
AHHH gotcha haha. I must have been sniiffing too much fuel lately lol. I didnt even think of that possibiliity.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no biggie, ....technically, it was a Yes or No answer....and I gave waaayyy more details..LOL.

Did I mention that Yung was also a rich medical student? One reason I trusted him more than I should've? LOL.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
jiffy6969 said:
No muffler from the factory? LOL.....that is FUNNY.
Only reasons they can get away with that is becaus a turbo by its nature does a little bit to quiet the exhaust, and also I'm sure it has a pretty beefy resonator and catalytic converter. The result is a good sound.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Mazda4ever said:
Yeah my buddys srt4 he revs it to the limiter and holds it..sounds like a driveby shooting
Did your buddys parents buy his car for him? Most likely. No one would abuse their car like that if they paid for it. But, I'm sure Dad could easily buy him another.

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
....well, I've only actually heard a few BOV valves in real life....but he got too far ahead of me for me to hear a BOV...LOL.

Someone else explained it....look at some of the earlier posts.

Reactions: Brad
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.