Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off I have a 95 LS 5-speed fully stocked except a K&N filter. My question is that I have a cousin with a 2000 mercury cougar V6 manual, also stock, and a friend who drives a 99 eclispe turbo with the exhaust and a couple other mods on it. What chance if any do I have of winning/ just staying close to them do I have? Just asking because they always want to race.

Buhda-6})

G

·
you shold spank the cougar a new one. they hit 60 in about 7.7 secs. good luck with the eclipse though those little f***ers are MEAN. i believe they hit 60 in the 6.3-6.8 sec. range.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The Cougar...take him out and the Eclipse...I agree they are mean, with mods..maybe he will miss a gear..who knows

·
Registered
325 Posts
yeah, just race them. you should beat the cougar pretty soundly, and if you lose to a modded eclipse turbo, no biggie. you were expecting to lose. but if you beat him, you make him look really bad. @-

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
missing a shift

yeah... eclipses have kind of a "racing tranny". i only say this because you really have to know how to drive it. its very possible that hell miss a shift.

its happened more than a few times where i just kill 2 cars off the line in the GSX and grind the sh!t out of 2nd gear. sometimes it doesnt even go in. i just play it off like i already won since i was ten car lengths ahead at the end of first gear...LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts