Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to replace my clutch which is slipping, just wanted to know if I should go for one of the stage master clutch, I happen to bump into a friend of mine at the lights who was in his 200sx non turbo and he had the better of me, I just couldn't accelerate well in the first and second gears it felt like I was driving uphill.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Hi again,
Yep, if you're going to replace the clutch you might as well go for a ClutchMaster. Stage 1 should be fine unless you're a committed trackday driver...

Ken

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I drive/ did drive my 6 very hard (ask anyone) and I fitted a stage 1 which was more than enough. It came from RR-Racing in the states. Think they do the stage 2&3 aswell now but believe me the stage 1 is good enough.

You might want to try an get an mx3 1.8 v6 flywheel. They are lighter than are stock and a straight replacement. Pulls better through 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Kyle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to know if I should repalce the Front and Rear Poly Engine Mounts too, also are these stage master clutch kits available in the uk?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I too have the clutchmaster Stage 1 from RR Racing.

Plenty enough and without the hard clutch pedal you normally associate with power clutches.

I also recommend the engine mounts. I got them with my clutch, you will feel a lot more vibration from the engine when idleing but you will get a better more solid gear change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts