Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car is black. what interior and accessory colors match a black exterior? i'm thinking red (satan's-mx6 look), white (i-sleep-with-penguins look), purple (i-enjoy-the-company-of-men look), yellow (i-think-i'm-a-bumble-bee)

maybe...neon green?

any others? i'm gonna have to get a paint job before i would consider the exterior pretty, should i be thinking about trying for a different color? (ha like i have that kind of money)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Lucky you... One thing about black is that it will go with anything. So the question should be what will go with your exterior color? I guess the answer is just any color you like, as long as you don't combine too many color.

·
Registered
257 Posts
blue, silver, dark gray, red. i have black interior and i changed the door panel inserts (arm rest) to white. too harsh of a contrast for me, i took em off and returned em to black. check my pics below, the blue looks great. but PLEASE dont copy me. besides my dash bezel is the same color as the exterior. but for a black exterior it wont really work.

i have always been fond of RED racing seats in a black on black car. then do the panels on the doors and rear side panels in the same red material and throw some red piping here n there to coordinate it. i know Sparco, for example, offers their material by itself for those looking to do just that. i think other companies will too upon request.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got a brushed aluminum dash kit in my black 6. Sorry I dont have pics. BUt I think the silver look looks the best in a black car.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
and then theres always taupe...

·
Registered
27 Posts
can yah help

i read this and yall are helping him out so maby you can help me anyone got a good opinion for an interior color for my 6 it is the stock green color i have thought about it and i am lost can you help me out

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since everybody else was so good about helping me i'll give you my opinion on the forest green

i think you've probably got the least amount of options available, cause forest green is pretty conservative no matter how you look at it. if you just wanna make the green look as good as possible, maybe do a black or white interior. red or yellow int. would give you a hot dog look. maybe dark purple (if you wanted to go all out and have a custom everything - haven't seen any purple shift knobs, racing seats or pedals and the like)

maybe the first step would be to repaint the outside ;)

of all the green race cars i've seen, white seems to look the sportiest

·
Registered
27 Posts
well thanx

hey appreciate the opinion and the help i don't knwo what i am going to do. IT may seam weird but i like the green color on it. and it cost a [email protected] load to repaint the exterior a different color. I think i am going to go with dark green and yellow on the inside. well seriously thanx for the opinion
later

·
Registered
475 Posts
as far as the green, I like the green mx6. Interior is definitley tricky for your color but good old taupe/beige would look nice. Yellow/green looks cool. I believe someone else has that goign already. Check the pic section. How about a nice navy blue? that wouldn't look too bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah i have seen the pics of the dude with the green and yellow interior but his is leather, i think i am going to do mine in yellow and green tweed. still not sure yet but i do know that i want to stick with tweed or some other cloth.

·
Registered
830 Posts
With the green exterior, maybe go with blue or red. With blue, you still have a color that is comes from the same color family as green. With red, you get something different, but still have that dark feeling(not too contrasty).

·
Registered
475 Posts
I agree with the blue, but a red interior may give it a to christmas like look. Good for the holidays, but will definitley not fit in the rest of the year.

·
Registered
257 Posts
with the green...

do black interior with red seats. maybe some other red accents (shift knob, pedals, shift boot, etc) and outside do either white or silver rims.

end result: SCHAWEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanx

you know what i got another problem with the blue i have the tan interior and i don't know. But hey you guys are really helping out i never even thought about blue. Maby some more help now that i brought up the tan interior.

·
Registered
257 Posts
dont put blue on tan...yuck. red.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts