Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

What color should I paint my car?

5280 Views 17 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  JoeyV
It's definately time to repaint, but I am not sure which color to use.

I want it to:
1. Be easier to keep clean (not having to wash all the time)
2. Look good on the car

Thanks!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
BLACK! It will stay clean for approximately 5 minutes but it's worth it for the awesome look of a black Mx6. (I am biased)
White I've heard stays clean for a while. White also looks pretty good imo.
im a big fan of the dark green (cuz mine is green lol) stays pretty clean too
I'm thinking about going with the VSP two tone.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/images/DodgeCharger2006.jpg

What do you guys think?
Is there anybody that could photoshop this color scheme onto a '93 MX6?
i vote an eggshell color :p that way, it's not quite white so if it's dirty, you can just be like, uhhhh that's he color it's supposed to be
White I've heard stays clean for a while. White also looks pretty good imo.
ARe u kidding me??? white is the hardest to keep clean!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE white on a car, it's my favourite colour, but when it comes to clea n -- foh-get about it!

A darker collour is best to hide 'dirtyness,' such as the hunter green, or even the Timberline Mica (which has enough gray in it to mask it), or possibly the Kauii Blue
Brown is where its at.
silver is the easiest color, believe me..

you dont see scratches and dirt on silver as fast as on any other color..

i had a silver car so i know..
+1 for timberline, i have a hunter green and it hides dirt but not dust. my car stays nice and shiny an average of 1 day before the desert gets through with it.
Could anyone give me any feedback about using Trooper colors?
Anybody that could do a Photoshop of my car with the colors?
Anybody have any experience with Maaco?
noo do not go to maaco! I had a car with a hole in the rear quarter and they charged me $350 to fix it and A: it rusted out again within a month so I started picking it apart and it was a shop rag stuffed in the hole with bondo slapped over it!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and they tried telling me thats the right way to do it.... yah right
yeah, save up a couple more bucks and go somewhere else. maaco is a real poor mans body shop.
ARe u kidding me??? white is the hardest to keep clean!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE white on a car, it's my favourite colour, but when it comes to clea n -- foh-get about it!

A darker collour is best to hide 'dirtyness,' such as the hunter green, or even the Timberline Mica (which has enough gray in it to mask it), or possibly the Kauii Blue
Really? I wouldn't know, mine's Hunter Green, haha. But I came across someone who's was white, and claimed they hadn't washed it in like, 3-4 weeks, and it still looked really clean. I washed mine this weekend and I drew a smiley above my door handle earlier, just before deciding it needed another wash already.
i am planning on painting my car at the end of winter/spring and thinking about a dark silver/gray mica
I'm sending mine in the 3rd(Not set in stone, but practically is) to get it painted red. Hoping my friend does a good job with it...
Silver is a nice colour to keep clean, and you can't see the cratches until they rust too!:p I'm all for silver or Carabean(sp?) Blue...which is also pretty easy to keep clean.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.