Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the fe3 engine without the ecu and wires and now its all mix and match but which wires do i use and what front pipe and are there any alternatives to the ecu? I tried reprograming it with frineds from advance efi but i'm not sure if it will work so i'm looking for suggestions before i try.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well, I am not sure what you mean exactly with the wires. Do you mean the plug wires or just wiring on the engine? B/c I am not even really sure what kind of plug wires to use (even though yes I have an FE3). As for the ECU the other option is to run stand alone fuel management system, like SDS (which I have). Be prepared to for out $1200-$1400 for it though. Some people have tried to use other ECU's from a Protege or whatnot, but have just had a lot of problems with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by wires i mean the distributor, what do i have to do to connect it to the f2?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Wow, um yeah, I'm bringing this one back from the dead.

I actually just wanted to know why you, evo626, do not recommend using the modified F2 dissy.

I have the FE DOHC dissy, but the cap is broken, and I am assuming if I replace that I will not be able to plug it in to my stock coil; am I right?

·
Registered
532 Posts
gracias...and so I can or can't plug my wire from my coil to the FE DOHC cap?

Sorry, please be gentle.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
88MX6LX said:
gracias...and so I can or can't plug my wire from my coil to the FE DOHC cap?

Sorry, please be gentle.
You'll still need the fe3 ecu to make it work. I hope your not trying to use the f2 or f2t ecu becuase it wont work. It might run but you risk damaging the engine.
evo

·
Registered
532 Posts
evo626 said:
You'll still need the fe3 ecu to make it work. I hope your not trying to use the f2 or f2t ecu becuase it wont work. It might run but you risk damaging the engine.
evo
Yeah, I think I am going to hold off and save up for a standalone.

So, just to be clear, there is no way you think I should even try to make my F2 ECU work?

·
Registered
291 Posts
mite damge the engine??
im goin to use the F2 ecu :(
but it will still run rite??
i need it to run 4 a couple of weeks b4 i get $$$ then i can connect my INJEC engine management ECU in :)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
YEs it might damge the engine. Assuming you can get it to run. Mine sorta did but I had to hack the VAF to make it work and even then it was dangerous to drive the car because it would stall if you gave it too much gas. Really ****ty to drive.
evo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts