Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors? I put in a a/f gauge and ran at 10psi and the gauge says I was between stoich and rich. If I go any higher on the boost, would there much difference on the gauge?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Make sure that you have an intake and at least a cat-back exhaust. running higher boost with stock intake and cat-back will kill the turbo in no time.

I ran 12psi just fine with no fuel mods, I actually ran 15-17psi with no fuel mods (besides chip) and I havent had any problems. Right now Im running 14psi with just a 255lph fuel pump on a upgraded turbo. My babies doing just fine

·
Registered
737 Posts
To run over 12 psi, you will need to have a chip to remove boost cut. For the fuel, I've ran 14 psi, with no fuel modification. I always run 1 green bar of rich (autometer a/f gauge) I would say run premium(93 octane) and you will have no problem running as much as 16 psi, just make sure you have the chip, or boost cut might kick you in the head. But to be safe, get the cone filter, and at least a little exhaust upgrade, free up that back pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts