Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1993 mx6 ls with an automatic transmission. It seems to have all the options except leather and a moonroof. It has 60,000 miles which I'm 99.9% sure is correct. The condition of the car is exceptional considering the age. The car drives very well and the interior is PERFECT (original shifting instruction sticker is still on the dashboard!). I have the original window sticker.The trunk is literally spotless. Spare tire has never been used and the jack is still wrapped in a factory sealed bag. The paint has dulled a little bit on the hood and roof but it looks like it can be pretty easily buffed out. There are a few minor stone chips and three small door dings on the passenger door.
I found the car at a very reputable dealer where the original owner had traded it in. The dealer was asking $6000 and I talked him down to $4600. Do you guy's think I got a good deal? What maintenance procedures should I perform to keep everything running nicely?
Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
MF

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
$4600 for a car that is 10 years old....eh....that is on the high side for an mx6. First thing you need to do is change the tranny fluid and install a big cooler. Sounds like the car was taken care of, but you still need to do this, or regret it later.

I have never seen a 93 with factory paint still in good condition...are you sure it wasn't repainted (not necessarily a bad thing)? What color is it?

As for maintance normal things...plugs/wires/fluids...etc.

You also are upon the factory recommended interval to change the timing belt. If you elect to do this, change the waterpump and timing belt tensioner as well.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
just to give u an idea, about 3 1/2 years ago i got my 6 fer $6,000 with same mileage and flawless except one scratch
same year and atx too

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
I paid $3700 for mine with 68000 on the odo, some faded factory green paint and fully loaded w/ leather (5spd)

·
Registered
242 Posts
i paid 3,000 for a 94/4cyl/5-speed with minor body damage and 118,000 miles kelly blue book at the time was 5,500 with the damage so i got a good deal i suppose but then had to replace the exhaust, intake manifold gasket, and recently a clutch but it was the stock clutch when i bought it and it was beautiful but all summer i beat the piss outta it street racing and **** to get cash for my swap and 100 shot project

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got my 4-banger for 800 bucks. had 152k on it, 5-speed, and it still runs like a dream, although it looks like something out of a junkyard...got 178k on it now, and the only thing ive replaced out of need was the clutch and 2 tires. couldnt be happier

G

·
I just bought a 93 LS auto, leather friday for $2,000. needs work. engine runs rough, and has the acceleration of a golf cart from a standstill. any help? i'm thinking gaskets, plug wires, distributer. i already changed the plugs and it ran worse... :( i love the car though. i drove it from new york and it's a dream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts