Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was randomly chatting to AusMX6 on ICQ something came across and I was wondering what products are people using to clean the interior and exterior of their vehicles??

Car Wash Product?
Wheel Cleaner?
Interior Cleaner?
Engine Cleaner?
Tyre Black/Cleaner?
Polish?
Bug Cleaner?

and any others.

Im finding the Maguires stuff in Car Was and Polish is pretty good.

Black Jack for Tyre Blackener is unreal
Orange Cleaner for Chrome and Alloy wheels

Any recommendations and things we shouldnt use??

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Maguires wet look
Maguires Gold class wash
Silvo for chrome and metal
Armorguard(sp?) for interior
Shoe Polish for outside trim(mouldings)

·
Registered
362 Posts
With 10km of highway between me and town, i get plenty of bug splatter, and i've found that good old ct18 truckwash works great. follow up with kitten wash'n'wax, and just any spray on tyre foam for the tyres.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Maguires products are pretty good, especially the wet look polish.
And I use 303 aerospace protectant all on the leather, tires and dash.
It is a similar product to armour all, but water based not oil. And is less slimy and soaks in to the leather readily.
PK

A

·
0 Posts
good ol Truck Wash for washing the car :)

and silicone spray on the tyres, and the rims - i clear coated them when new so all i do is chamios them dry after washing.

amourall (or how ever u spell it) on the interior - just make sure u don't do the steering wheel ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
i use amourall wash and wax car wash.

For polishing duties, Mothers 3 stage 1.paint cleaner 2.anti swirl 3.Caranuba wax. i found the Mothers range better then the maguires as it definatly brought my paint up better with a better shine.:cool:

Mothers protectant on the interior as amourall is to greasy

·
Registered
886 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash - every week
Meguiars Gold Class Wax - every 6 months, applied with a Hitachi random orbital sander
Meguiars Metal Restorer Metal Polish - for the wheels, muffler & tailpies
Meguiars Endurance Gloss - for the tyres
Meguiars Quick Mist Wax - when needed, usually every 3 months
Interior - Nothing ! Other than a quick vac every couple of weeks....I don't like those silicon based interior cleaners
Windscreen - Bar Bugs windscreen additive.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
G'day losiho
I don't like amourall/silicone sprays eather ,it is to oily
You should try the 303 aerospace protectant.
It's water based and not slimmy at all...and it protects the interior and makes it look brand new!! ;) PK

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Losiho, Orbital Sander for polishing, I hope your using the buffing and lambs wool applicator otherwise we are looking at some crazy paint defects :p

Maguires seems to be the way to go, but ther are so many variations of the Polish its hard to figure out which to use.

Autobarn in Scumshine sure makes alot of money off me regards to car care products I think I own 3/4 of the business now...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Darko - I use the special Meguiars polishing pads made specially for random orbital sanders (same material as the Meguiars hand applicator pads). I was a little worried about damage myself, but as long as you use it on low speed (you'll spray polish everywhere if you use high speed anyway) you won't damage the paintwork. It's really sped up polishing time and the results are much better.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Hey has any one tried that "eagle 1" stuff? its so much more expancive than Meguiars...... is it better, or just the same with higher price tag

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eagle 1, is cheaper than the Maguires, thats what Ive noticed.

I used Eagle 1 Wet Look for polish for a while, its great but when your buffing it up it leaves a lot of resin even after you clean it all up you still get resin forming later on. It looks bad in the cracks etc, Im still having it reappear from applications a while ago.

The Maguires stuff is pretty cool doesnt create resin and dust.

When I spray painted my VK many years ago I didnt use cut & polish to buff it up after its final coat because of fear of pulling out the pearl that I sprayed through it, I instead sanded it back with Micro Fine lightly and used Buffing Compound, which I got from Ottos Paint Supplies.

Ive found this is pretty good stuff to bringing up a good buff on the car, it doesnt cut away any color and if you have clear coat on your paint work it gives a good outcome.

Ive used this when I got the MX6 in december to see how much brighter I could bring it up, and it did wonders.

Im thinking of using it on a more regular basis to bring out the shine. By the way its good for people who develop water spots/marks or have slightly fading paint aswell.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
thanx Darko, i will not touch that stuff.......was very tempted one time :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts