Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone said to dip them in bleach to make them clear......Does this really work and if so does it work on the red and orange bumper lenses....Are the front bumper lenses the same lenses as the back....???

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have no clue if the bleach does anything but i know that the back marker lights are the same as the front, just different color

·
Registered
127 Posts
I really don't see what bleach will do except get them wet. If I am thinks right the lenses are actually red or orange plastic and they are not just coated and bleach willnot do anything. If i'm wrong let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are You sure they are the same,.....because i e-mailed a guy in Australia who has the european bumper lenses which are clear...if the front and back sets are both the same EXACT things and install the same way...I will ask him for 2 sets of the clear European OEM Bumper Lenses. Please e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
359 Posts
BLEACH?

I don't think bleach will strip the colour off. As far as I know you can either try to make them with plexy glass or buy them. One place that sells them is http://www.clearcorners.com but they want $85.00 for the 2 front and if you want the back another $85.00. For me thats a lot of cash for some plastic parts. I'm still going to try to make mine with plexy glass. One person on this site already did. You just have to look around this site to see the pics.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
hey if you can get an extra set of clear bumper lense let me know too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well If anyone wants to make all 4 of mine clear and they come out good ill send you a pair that i will buy from JPMX6GT and ill pay you for ur efforts..... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts