Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 90 GT about a month ago. I have already had to replace the starter and the motor mounts but I really love this car. I dont have the manual so I going to ask my questions here and hope to get some answers :) First I know my car has an alarm because it has the siren and I found the control box under the steering wheel. How do I go about getting a remote for this alarm or should I just get a new one. Secondly, at times a light stays on in the dash the says security. Any ideas?

·
Registered
449 Posts
when you lock all of the doors in the car (and have the truck/hood closed) the security light should come on. There is no remote for the security I believe.

So with the secruity light on, the system is on.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
If my 91 MX6 is the same, I have to have all other doors and lids closed first. Then by locking the drivers door last and holding the outside handle up while I close the door, the alarm is set. The light on the dash will stay on for 10 seconds, then flash for 5 seconds, then flash breifly from then on, or until the key is used to open the drivers door again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is no remote...if it's factory. By the way, make sure you don't pop your trunk and then set your alarm. It will trip the alarm when you close it. Learned that the hard way, several times....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts