Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my car didn't come with a manual or anything, so I am wondering what some of the things mean on it.
I have a button that says EC-AT and under that P/E
and when I switch it it changes on the dash from power to econ...........what does this mean and what does it do when I switch it???
Also does anyone know where I can get some cheap springs and strut mounts for the front and rear of my car, I own a 1988 Mazda MX6 GT Turbo.

And also I just got my car up and running really well today, I didn't know how much fun turbo could be until I got a new throttle body boot..........she flies now!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx everyone who can help me any little bit............

·
Registered
449 Posts
EC-AT P/E button controls the shift timing of your electronically-controlled auto tranny.

When the switch is on, you are in POWER mode and the following happens, The tranny is more responsive (shift wise) and will stay in gears longer. In ECON mode (switch off), the tranny will be less responsive to throttle input and will tend to shift up rather quickly. However it supposedly saves gas.

Try the following for springs and strut mounts: autozone.com, carparts.com, rockauto.com and partsamerica.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx hurddawg............ that is what my boyfriend thought it was, we just didn't want to take a shot in the dark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts