Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, did i see a fe DOHC at my local yard? all i remember was it was 16 valve, the engine mounts were exactly same spot as my car, lol the who ever owned it before had it painted orange with just spray paint and the entire roof was torn off... lol can we say someone was watching too much fast and furious, probably trying to switch lanes under a truck or something.

i know there was another mazda 4 cylinder engine with dohc, but thought that it was in a truck or something else, anyways this looked looke a 1st gen mx6 the intake mani was the same as our f2t the tranny looked like something off a lx or dx.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
there is a bunch of similar engines to FE-DOHC.

one is F8-DOHC (has FE3N on the head as well)
another is B6/BP usualy has a black valve cover, and the top gearbox bolts are wider appart then on F engines

also a bit new and a bit different are FS/FP

G

·
el norm said:
ok, did i see a fe DOHC at my local yard? all i remember was it was 16 valve, the engine mounts were exactly same spot as my car, lol the who ever owned it before had it painted orange with just spray paint and the entire roof was torn off... lol can we say someone was watching too much fast and furious, probably trying to switch lanes under a truck or something.

i know there was another mazda 4 cylinder engine with dohc, but thought that it was in a truck or something else, anyways this looked looke a 1st gen mx6 the intake mani was the same as our f2t the tranny looked like something off a lx or dx.

any thoughts?
Sounds to me like you were looking at a 1st gen protege. They had the B series motor in them, and at first glance look like a FE-DOHC. The block and bore are physically smaller though, so pretty much nothing fits the F2. Their tranny looks like our LX tranny as well.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm if it's an fe dohc, where is that marking, and is it hard to see with the head installed on the car?

i was looking on the right hand side for some fe3 mark or something but couldn't see nothing, maybe it was out of view.

thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts