Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
that was really more a parody than exact explanation... technically *rice* would refer to a vehicle that in some way, shape or form pretend to be a very fast vehicle of japanese make - and if u go by that then there is a lot of rice on the streets..

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
aggiedj02 said:
spend your money on performance mods and not appearance mods.
exactly. i have more respect for a sleeper looking Honda that can beat me by a few car lengths than some stickerhappy ricebox that farts like an offroad motorbike and does the 1320 in 19 seconds flat.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
2point3 said:
so no rims, no drop , no exhaust , no clear lights?
there's absolutely nothing wrong with that - after all it's your car! the problem is that ppl will get the impression that if your car *looks* fast, then they will want to race you, and if your car can't pull it's own weight, then you are setting yourself up to be labelled. it's your choice and completely up to u what you want man.

·
Registered
641 Posts
rims are very commonplace now, so that is okay, as long as they are performance oriented. when it comes to exhaust just don't get a five inch tip that sounds like a pissed off bumblebee.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
i've never raced my KLZE, but using my arse as the judge it is quicker than the KL03. yeah i completely agree about not getting a can that sounds like a pissed bumblebee - i used to have a Toucan (with dual dtm tip) that sounded exactly like that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess my car falls into a couple of those catagories. I have some kind of japanese writing on the side of my car that I thought said mazda, but it doesn't :shrug: and that ''dying moose'' exhaust, mine sounds a little higher pitched than that!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Ahhh... here's my .02:

You are riced if:

You have "performance" parts stickers or foreign lettering all over your car...
You have a tacky spoiler or body kit that makes your car heavier and doesn't serve a performance purpose.
The "fart pipe" on the 4 banger that is larger than my supercharged cars' exhausts put together
Cut springs w/o camber correction... making that silly bouncing effect
Colored headlights and Altezza style taillights
Intake that when asks puts your car in "the 13's" but in reality puts it in the 17's
NOS, intake and exhaust as your only PERFORMANCE mods (and cars still take you out)

BASAICALLY: All show and no go...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
woohoo!!!!

soon ill be a riceboy. ill have my jspec headlights, body kit, spoiler, wheels, and exhaust!!! call me "solar the super riceboy!!" hehe, but i dont care...there is NO import scene in my town, NO place to actually find someone to race, and NO one likes me so they hate me already :)

solar

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey,
i dont see ANY riced out cars in my town. the closest we come to ricers is ppl with chrome hubcaps with fake disk brake inserts. LOL!!!

solar the super riceboy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts