Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acording to Mazda the 2nd Gen MX6 requires 75W90 GL4 oil. Most of the 75W90 oil I found is GL5

I found some Redline MT90 oil which is 75W90 but cost $110 for 3.5L which is too much money.

What gearbox oil do you reccomend?

·
Registered
886 Posts
$110 for 3.5 litres ??? Sheesh, is that oil found in Houston or Dallas by any chance ? :D

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

some pople have just too much time on their hands ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Well actually Woo that's not right at all. See you might be the physicist but I know a bit about business. And if you were going to buy "liquid" gold it would need to be hot - really hot. Too hot to put in your pocket. The arrangements for the preparation, handover, and subsequent handling of the product would put the "landed" cost of the gold way over the expected $266.75 an ounce. :)

Oh, and if you're looking for dollars / oz, my best is that Castrol SRF Brake Fluid - (good for track and road) which weighs in at up to $190 for 1.5 litres.

@-

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You Guys are way too cerebral.
I'm with panik what about the oil??
I’ve wonted to know this for a long while now. I’ve tried a few but haven’t found "the one "yet.
Me think's this is a question for the yanks.
PK

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. My mechanic replaced my gear box oil with castrol 75/80 GL4 stuff. From then My gear box have not been behaving. Crunches into 2nd and little into 3rd. I then bought some Redline MT90 75/90 Synthetic oil ($116 delivered) and replaced the oil. My gearbox is not totally smooth. No more crunching, faster gear changes. It's like a new gear box. Also make sure when you by 75/90 synthetic gear oil it's rated to GL4 specs. Most 75/90 oils are GL5 and the Syncros no not like it.

As for motor oil I only ever use Mobil1 Synthetic. Changed every 5000km.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts