Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a silvia and getting it written off by a mate i didnt really have much money to buy a car...3 yrs later i decide to finally buy a MX6 89 manual turbo...for a pretty good price...So here i am driving back im a car that i finally can say is mine after 3 yrs and then guess wat happens.....the temp gauge starts going up and up..till it finally got to H..so i pulled over looked at a couple of things..water etc was there..so i tried again..but no..it still overheated..so i drove it to the mechanic on H..( i know thats bad)
and he said he was too busy till next week..so i took it to another mechanic..and he did a compression test for me and said..ur motor is ***t..u need a whole new engine...so ive just bought the car..and now it looks like im gonna have to spend another 2 k at least to get it running..then another 1k for rego..the car wouldnt fire..it would just turn over...so i thought stuff this mechanic..so i towed it to my house...and let it sit there until i decided wats the best option...every day i tried to start it..but it wouldnt start..it would get so close to..but then die down..so a week later i had an idea...y not try clutch start it to c if it would work...so i tied it to a mates truck and towed it down my street..and then it fired to life..i couldnt believe it..i was rapt like a fat kid loves cake..i found out the reason for the overheating was the thermostat not opening..which led to me blowing the head gasket...The car is now in the mechanics getting it fixed..So the moral of the story is..just cause some1 tells u its stuffed doesnt really mean it is...actually just reading over this story...i really dont think there is any point to it..just me hacing good luck..actually wat luck??? ther was no luck..the engine was never fully stuffed...lol..i just cant wait to take it out and trying to run some ppl with it...any1 ever beaten the older model Type R? or the 90 model interga?? or a current shape Si prelude?? thats wat 3 of my mates have ...and they all laugh wen i say i will beat them..maybe not the type R ..but the rest should b a walk in the park..wat u guys reckon..from experience..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ive never raced any of those cars, and i dont know what mods you have on your six i only beat my mates vtec 94 accord by two car lengths to 160 kph. Hondas are not slow, you have to remember that they are one of the most highly tuned and developed cars from the factory. Dont take any of them lightly. Im not saying youll lose, but dont be too cocky, Or youll end up like the auto vn that lost a fifty to me last thursday night!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
u shouldnt beat the type-r on stock psi. up it to about 10-12 and u should beat it. the old integras arent very fast. u should beat them. i beat them and my car is auto eheh

p.s. how many km's on ur engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts