Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once I over-revved engine just for several seconds
I was sure there is a rpm limiter which cut off fuel to prevent over-rev (KL-03 engine)
But after this I encountered some problems.
When I pulled out plug wires there was oil in 3 plug holes. and plug wires isolation was cracked.
I decided to change valve cover gaskets and plug wires
Mechanics changed both gaskets and plug wires. But after this I've got a new problem: engine stalls on idle when depress accelerator, especially when air conditioner turned on. And I noticed lack of power, car won't accelerate as fast as it was before changing gaskets and wires (even with misfiring engine! it was very responsible. now it's not)
What can be wrong? Could they forget to attach some electrical connections or vacuum lines so engine power dropped

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Have you checked for vacuum leaks? If you had the rear valve cover gasket changed, there are numerous hoses to be reconnected. It's easy to get one off or miss one (especially the one under the intake manifold!)

I would check for that first.

One way to do it is to get some carb cleaner spray or WD40 and spray around vacuum connections. If the idle increases when you spray it on a connection, there is a leak.

Tyson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts