Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up MXers!! I haven't been on this site in forever!! It has been years...it feels good to be back...I had a 96 white 4 cylinder a while back...It was my baby, and I must admit I had that thing looking pretty sweet...

Since at that point it was my daily driver, I had to USE the car, which we all know you can't keep a car as nice as you'd like when you have to use it...so because of that I had kinda FADED away from this site, and my car as well...

To top it off, my entire system was stolen out of it, and that basically ruined all my ambition to keep the car going...I spent soo much time and $ on that audio equipment...

Anyhow, I am now 26...have a Lexus RX300 for a daily driver, but I always knew that I was going to have ANOTHER MX-6 eventually, so just a week ago I picked up a black M-edition 5 speed...I was looking for one that was all original, and didn't have any mods at all (aftermarket headunits, etc)...

The car is all pretty solid and all together...not many dings, and I am pretty sure the car is all original paint and body...never wrecked...has all the original gold badges, etc...we all know this is somewhat tough to find nowadays in looking for a 12 year old car...I will have pictures up as soon as I get around to it...

Of course I like mods, however my goal with this car is to get it restored back to as clean and original condition as possible w/ mainly OEM parts...I do still have my Mazdaspeed kit that I will be putting on, and I will definately do some suspension...and a few other things...but I don't plan on changing the car dramatically...

The car does have 147k on it, and so while it still runs strong and smooth...In the future I can see myself attempting some type of engine rebuild/swap...and I know I'll need the resources from this site!!

There is soo much information here now...honestly it's kinda funny because I feel like I was soo involved years ago on this site, and now there are soo many new people and new cars, and I recently read soo many threads that I had the answers to, and wish I could've posted more to help people out...

I just wanted to say what's up to everyone, and you will be hearing more from me...I know a lot about certain things, but not much about others, so I'm sure I'll have questions for you folks...

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Welcome back! OG in the house!

After 5 years I finally got around to making mine run.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Someone apparently has manners... ^

:p

Anywho, welcome back. I doubt I was here when you originally were, only been here but so long, but what does it matter? Welcome back to the scene, and it's even better still having knowledge. :tup:

And even better for you having that Mazdaspeed kit still.. *Insert envious mumbling*

Don't forget to take good before and after pics during all of this.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definately will...thanks for the welcome back...nice to be back w/ everyone...I still have to update my profile, etc...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Not true AT ALL. :tdown:

They came in white, black, and maroon/burgundy.
I've seen a Timberline Mica M-edition too, in Toronto. I checked it out to potentially buy it, but it was in rough shape for $5000 in 2006. It had the embroidery in the seats and the badges on the fenders

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
are you sure it didnt come in the burgandy color too?? or maybe someone just had a bunch of gold badges on an ls or something, cause it had the proper tails and seats too

edit: is the timberline mica the burgandy cause ill feel pretty stupid if it is :p

feen

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
are you sure it didnt come in the burgandy color too?? or maybe someone just had a bunch of gold badges on an ls or something, cause it had the proper tails and seats too

edit: is the timberline mica the burgandy cause ill feel pretty stupid if it is :p

feen

LoL, time to feel stupid :lol: My car is Timerbline Mica, burgandy is the purple colour

1 - 13 of 13 Posts