Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides work 8hrs, i also helped install my bro's front mount setup. And it was ALOT of work, i started helping about 630pm, we didnt get done till 11Pm, When i started to help, he was about 1/4 way started. My predictions for my mx6 will be atleast 10-16hrs.. since ill be doing alot of cutting.
This intercooler setup cost $300, 200 worth of pipes, couplers and clamps, and 100 IC, we have ALOT of spare pipes,couplers and clamps, but o well, more for me! The change from the stock IC to this front mount setup with 2.5 pipes is amazing!

This gives you a bit of an idea on the scale of our shop :D this is only one stall, there are 7 stalls total in our shop, also 1 7ton roll over crane (we could litterally pick up the car 15ft and glide to the other end of the shop)
The pit your looking at is big enough to get 3 cars on at once.. (30ft)

Notice the shaved VC :)

Anyone Questioning my sources and ability for fabrication or my turbo setup, Question no more.;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
too much white under the hood for me

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
damn, that's a good looking car! I usually don't like white eclipse's but that one looks good!

That is a huge shop!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
That turbo manifold is insane. Must be nice to have a shop that big to do your work in. But then again I've got my 2 bay garage8D

metros

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Nice, I hate eclipses, but that one looks great. Maybe its becouse it is white, I like white :tup:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Nice shop! :tup:

He should really have taken the manifold off to paint it though. But, like everyone else I'm going to have to say the car looks good (other than the headlights) ...and I'm not a big fan of eclipses! Good job!

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dint make the manifold, its a pacesetter.
We did paint it many times while it was off, Although that paint burned off (and it was high temp header paint). So he got some other type of header paint that was really thick and went over it again.

im also not a fan of the headlights.. they were on it when he got it.. there apc and kinda crappy, theres plans for new ones.

Also the motor, its got low miles on it, although he plans to build a new motor using the 1g block, 2g head and other parts, And use forged internals. Hes got the money to do it no doubt.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Cool ...you should keep us updated on the project then. His intestions are good, rice-ness wasn't his fault! :tup:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
my favorite part...the ferrari(edit: pacesetter) sticker on the underside of the hood! good looking car, i love me a good FMIC!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think it looks pretty good, but I also think there is too much white under the hood, and what is up with the passenger side fender where it meets the hood?

Nice work and nice shop. Makes my 32x46 shop look small, lol.

-Ryan-

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I would LOVE to have that car, the rims are awesome. Wonder what it runs?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Gotta love the crankwalk!!! 6bolt is the only way to go. I got a 20g 4g63 in my garage :)

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts

this is a great pic!

can i ask a personal favor??? a pic of the 6 in the same post, same composition as this? (and without a person or removed parts)

it'd prolly be my background :)

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is a great pic!

can i ask a personal favor??? a pic of the 6 in the same post, same composition as this? (and without a person or removed parts)

it'd prolly be my background
lol, my 6 has been over the pit many times, sometimes for days,

im sure i can get one when i start building parts for the turbo setup

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
im envious, i wish i had the facilities like that to do work :| i only have a drivewar that has a 35% angle :(

nice work, it looks nice, i want to change the hoses in my engine bay to yellow when i get the time and money to invest

1 - 20 of 27 Posts