Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally installed the KLG4 intake manifold. yea it was a bitch. i have a vac leak somewhere because my idle is at 2,000 rpms. lol. anyways, what i am REALLY concerned about it there is oil coming out from where my oil cap is...... the big vac line connected to the rear valve cover is plugged along with the big valve cover vac line in the front. also the big big vac line connected to the intake is blocked as well. any ideas why there is oil coming out, and i mean COMING out where the cap is????

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
For starters, are you using the oil filler cap from the G4?

Perhaps the threads on it are worn? And have you replaced the vacuum lines? Was the intake fully cleaned?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oil never came out of the cap before. its doing it now ever since i installed the intake manifold

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I'm not quite sure I follow your description of the vacuum lines being plugged, but oil spraying out your oil cap is a sure sign of a pressurised crankcase, so the 'blow-by' (of combustion gasses which slip past the piston rings) not being able to escape via the PCV system. You must have plugged something which shouldn't be plugged. All engines need to 'breathe' to let the blow-by escape.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES, i had a feeling thats what it was. NickR, thank you so much for re-assuring what i thought it was. :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts