Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is that "pshhh" sound? It sounds like a short rush of air, almost like a whistle, and occurs in between gear shifting. Is it a CAI?

It is a sweet sound that I want to hear on my 6.

`jjj

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
dude you will never hear that sound on a 6 maybe 1 in a 20000 chance!!! Its called a blow off valve everybody who has heard one says wow... But alas its only for cars with forced induction such as turbo or supercharger it helps control the boost. But dont worry they make a "ricey" imitation...yup electronically the only way u can get it though rite now is in japan for hella money. look it up i posted it a while back with the flame out of the exhaust mod post. get a intake its the closest sound

·
Registered
100 Posts
there is 2 'pssshh' sound...

1. sound come from your CAI. the CAI use less restrictive corn/foam filter that will make the "noice" while sucking the air

2. bypass valve. this happen when you switch your gear, and only when you have FI (force induction)... why? FI spool the air as you rise the RPM. Spool Air = increase in air pressure=more oxygen=more power.
When you switch your gear, you still in high air pressure (boost)...
you can't (or don't want) that air to go to your engine (in that case you having too much oxygen = lean = not good / or even damaging your intake valve)... so ? you release the boost out to atmosphere...

you have bicycle pump ? when you pump pump pump... what you hear ? 'pssshh' 'pssshh' from the end of the hose... same idea

hope this explain... :)
I want 'psshh' sound for my car too... errr.. that will cost $3000+ for turbo or supercharger.
unless I get a no-purpose imitation "psshhh" device...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:(

You guys sure know how to make a guy feel depressed.

Oh well... but!... the next time you see a guy sitting in a 6 and shouting "psshh" through a megaphone in between gear shifts... y'all know who it is!

`jjj

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well... no need to get upset about no "psshh" sound. Although sound cool, but.. hehehe.. I have better idea.. Nitrous. *evil*

Nitrous.. element: N2O ( 2 nitrogen 1 Oxygen). Break apart in 575F.. provide more Oxygen for combustion = what FI do.

With less than 500, you get extra... power. Dangerous ? not really. FI can be dangerous too...

But WARN you... I took 1 month in research for nitrous, 2 hours average daily. If you don't do that, wrong installation going to blow off your car... why? people think that spending less, worry less... NO! is very technical as FI do.

Need more Nitrous info ? always welcome to email me.

drawback for Nitrous: you can't get constant power, and is not free.

FI -> spooling air from atmosphere. Air is free ...
Nitours -> $2.00 or more per lb... depend where are you

My nitrous is coming up... })

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
man just had to come back and see responses lmao when i saw the megaphone thing HEY U KNO WHATS BETTER RECORD SOME DUDES BLOW OFF VALVE AND PLAY IT THROUGH YOUR SPEAKERS!SUPER LOUD NO YELLING REQUIRED:D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
They make those fake one now that anybody can put on and make the sound. along with plastic IC's how cool is that!!!

DO i hear Bulk Buy!!! :D :E :eek: :confused: XO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts