Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the best mod is that you guys think was ever done to an mx6 2nd gen. interior or exterior lets see what the best ones are.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Too many opinions for this. I think the best single mod that you can do to an mx6 is lowering it.
I like the way you think. I Love that mod. :jump:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
other than lowering what else? i am trying to figure out some ideas for my car, i am not going to take peoples exact ideas but i will then have a base to work from and add my touch to whatever it is i decide to do.

i am not going to lower my car unles it was air ride because with the invader kit the car is low enough.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a nice simple interior mod. might do the arm rest and the brake boot with the same material as the shift boot, anything else?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been thinking the idea of making the trunk lid cover.

What i mean is to take the trunk off turn over and then make a fiberglass cover for the under lid of the trunk lid, maybe make an amp rack there.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anybody ever split the trunk in the middle and opened both ends out to the side like french doors?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I agree with everything already mentioned. They are all good mods.

Another appearance mod that is cheap and VERY worthwhile is to claybar your car if it has never been done before. You won't believe how much better it looks afterwards.

My second mod also involves cleaning. A good wetsanding followed by a few applications of Meguiar's plastx on the fogs and headlights works wonders.

has anybody ever split the trunk in the middle and opened both ends out to the side like french doors?
Please don't make baby jesus cry...

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Ive been meaning to claybar my s2k, ive never done it before. which reminds me I need to get the paint job fixed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just wondering what the best mod is that you guys think was ever done to an mx6 2nd gen. interior or exterior lets see what the best ones are.
I would say interior, the mx6 has a great stock exterior and tho i have changed the hell out of mine the out side.. they are great looking cars,, so if anything needed to be moded I would say interior.. I have seen just basic things done like blue gagues lights ummmm.. haha

I change my answer I would say when the buddyclub found the mx6 that was the best after market mod ever done for the mx6.

·
Registered
437 Posts
um to me the interior cept for being small is awsome.
DONT PAINT THE DASH ANOTHER COLOR.
do get leather. reupolster them instead of getting cheap buckets, lesson learned. too cheap to reapulster tho.
short shifter. new boot, new knob, new pedals. and red or blue dash, do it by hand with leds, dont do white faces.

outside to me is pretty good, get some 16 or 17 inch rims and no black with chrome lip. . went out of style years ago. some say no spoiler, some say only stock. just dont go HUGE OR A RACE WING, there for F1 cars, lets leave it that way.
other than that i say lip kit for the 6, theres plenty styles to choose from.

good luck. these cars are awsome, trans have some downs, and so is the whole FWD thing but its a nice car. . . .im in love. ha

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got an invader kit already
got rims already
got short shifter already
don't want to have shift nob unless it is really nice only one i liked alot i can't use because it was pure aluminum and it got way to damn hot to drive with it.
shift boot got my custom suede one already.
got leather bucket racing seats i got them from msequence a couple years back.
got leather back seats already
the door panels need reupholstering so that is going to be done.
the roof needs to be reupholstered so that will be done.
gauges i don't think i am going to change i think they are fine the way they are unless i can get some custom ones.
Have a spoiler already.
i had ebay projector lights but they are junk now. the lenses crack with the weather here.
I switch the heater controls to the area where the storage try was already. thinking i might change that again though not sure.
I have the ss sills

I want to see ideas for custom dash. I don't and never will paint my full dash board. i want to remove completely and rebuild with mdf and fiberglass. the same goes with the center console.
I don't think i will be custom making full door panels just a remake of my current ones.
the back deck thinking i am going to modify a bit to install 6x9's

anything else i could do looks wise?

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
The dash would be a fun project. You might want to get an extra one to rip into unless you plan on parking the car.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
car is being put in garage then being done. once finished i might sell or keep it for showing off when i just feel like driving around.

I got the dash designed already, just need to build. i am not using the original dash at all, complete custom one.

The whole dash will be scuffed plexiglass fiberglass and black suede. the fiberglass will be painted black as well.

The plexiglass will be lit up too. it is a nice design and i think everyone will like it once done. still debating on if i want to fiberglass the whole door panels. because there is alot of work to do there to get the mount correctly after unless i use my original ones and just cut out the whole middle leaving just the edges for mounting reasons. i will think about it and take a look once car is in the garage.

not sure though either black or blue mica fiberglass color.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts