Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
you can fit 19s on your 6 but i wouldnt recommend anything bigger than 18s due to rubbing problems

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
"Biggest rims" and "a good size" unfortunately do not go together. First you need to decide how much you're willing to spend, then you need to figure out how much you value looks vs. performance.

The bigger you go, the slower you go... generally speaking.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i biggest i have seen is 20's but they had to do some cutting, i would just stick with 17 or 18's and you will be ok

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
the only time i remember 20's on a six was some guy witha horrible PS SAYING he had them. never seen real pics of it. you don't happen to have them do ya? seen a few with 19's and seen the probe with 20's never a 6 though.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ive seen 20's in person on a Blue MX6 @ Lowrollers show in Newjersey this past year. and they didnt tuck. i didnt like em. But if they were tuckin in the wheel well then it would look HOT!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well i have 19" in mine and i think i can put 20" without problems. Here in PR, some Millenia's have 20" and looks great. I have mine with 2" drop in the front and stock suspension in rear and dont need to cut.

If u want 19", go for it, u need to use 19x8 rims with 215/35 R19 tires

If i has time tomorrow, i take some pics with my cellphone and post it here.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Yep, thats the one. Its got airride and it looks like a Jeep when its up in the air. Personaly i dont like it either, but they are 20's!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 6 and wanna put 18s but what would be an EXACT recommended size on the tire for one?
Well i have 19" in mine and i think i can put 20" without problems. Here in PR, some Millenia's have 20" and looks great. I have mine with 2" drop in the front and stock suspension in rear and dont need to cut.

If u want 19", go for it, u need to use 19x8 rims with 215/35 R19 tires

If i has time tomorrow, i take some pics with my cellphone and post it here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts