Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what is the big deal with the new 2000 Nissan Maxima ? Are there different engine specs in different markets ? Here in Australia the Maxima we get has a 153Kw 3L V6 (about 210Bhp), is this the same as the U.S. version ?
The reason I ask is I had a run with a new 2000 Maxima....the guy roared behind me at the lights, and parked it about an inch away from my rear bumper. I knew he wanted a run, so when the lights went green, I gunned it (I have a 93 manual MX-6 V6, high flow & exhaust). He stuck with me until I got into 2nd, and then he trailed further and further behind, and I got upto 170Km/h by the time I backed off (about 110mph....not something I'd do again). When he arrived at the next lights, he gave me a dirty look, turned left, and floored the throttle. He had so much torque-steer that he nearly swapped 3 lanes and went head first into a bus ! I couldn't stop laughing. So to all other aussie MX-6 owners, the Maxima is soft & easy to chew ! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here I believe they are about 220BHP. You did have an advantage over the Maxima because you could hit the gas faster than he could therefore you were in your power band faster and longer before he could be. I also believe that those cars are automatics. I do have to say that no matter what, if you held him off, you beat him. GREAT KILL!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts