Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while searchin for stuff for my car, i always see notes on items saying 93 only or 93-94. but mostly intersted in the 93s. is it in ecu? motor/heads? lighter car? besides cat converter of course.

anyone have any readings/links on this?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
biggest difference and quite possibly the only difference that I know of is there is no passenger airbag in 93's 94 and up there is and 95 I think it was they switched to OBD2 ECU

·
Registered
132 Posts
Speaking from experience, I had a '94 and a '96, the rims are different. The key hole at the door, '93-'04, would illuminate and the key cylinder would have a green LED giving light to where to insert the key. The turn signals on the '93-'94 are yellow, while the center air vent on the '93-'94 would not have a switch for you to close the vents. The biggest or most important difference, as mentioned by redbond1, is that '93-'94 and '95 are OBDI. I think the radio could have a different layout after '94.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
mine doesnt have any type of lights for the key? and i really wish it did because i can never find that damn thing at night..

·
Registered
941 Posts
i love the little light thing for the key when im doing something late at night im not shoving the key all over the place trying to get it in. But the biggest difference between 93-95 and 96-97 is OBDI and OBDII, OBDI made a little more power than OBDII did.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My 93 has the option to close the center air vents. Big difference would be the I4 ATX as well, not sure if the 6 cylenders differed. The 4 cyl auto trans was changed after 93

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
There are so many subtle things that changed over the years but I don't really feel like listing them all. The 97's had model specific door panels, certain paint codes were only offered for certain years, M-Edition in 96's had SS door sills, 3 disc changer, floor mats and seats were embroidered with M-edition, and all red tails, 95+ had the newly designed rims and 96's had gold rims. The early model KL's produced in 92 had a different combustion chamber design that lead to excessive carbon buildup. 96' had 4 02 sensors.
I'm bored now, I will update it later with more info. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine doesnt have any type of lights for the key? and i really wish it did because i can never find that damn thing at night..
Yeah...that feature is what I missed the most.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
... so it was an option or what?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts