Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the sensor on my PS pump is broken. Im not going to buy a new PS pump because I just rebuilt this one. I am having trouble finding a new sensor.

Its the brass colored one that the one wire goes too.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
power steering pump pressure switch.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
I call it "mike hughes, send me this thingy"

:D :D

AJ - thanks for that info by the way.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I thought that it shouldn't matter; the PS pump seems to be a purely mechanical device. As long as the engine is spinning, it should pump fluid and makes the steering easier

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that is what I was reading also. It said that it just ups the idle at time.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
If you have speed sensitive steering it would need it. My durango has that same switch, but it's on the line, not on the pump. I threw a code until I swapped it out. Such a dirty whore it was to swap.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is speed sensitive steering? I drove it around the block a few times and I didnt have any issue with PS.

I need to fix my brakes ASAP.

I swear to fuck all that I never have to do the PS again on this car.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
just take it out and stop your whining

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh god no and I doubt you would on your car. my car is made to be fun and comfy.

Plus id rather worry about my brakes and suspension tuning that I need to get done.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I am looking at this correctly that is your crank, correct?

So you dont have an alternator either?

Anyways the PS stays.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Alt is on the otherside. No A/C or PS. I took it out during my last upgrade. I thought about putting it on this time around with my new turbo, but the exhaust is going to get in the way, as I might need to route it in front of the crank and around the front passenger suspension

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts

when i beat that Evo - i had my A/C blasting. nothing like wiping the smile off their face, and still showing some condensation drip.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve its only out because when the engine was removed from my car years ago the lines where broken.

I didnt feel like paying the replace the system. If this summer gets hot I might pay for it.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
[giant half-man-half-chicken]gots.

when i beat that Evo - i had my A/C blasting. nothing like wiping the smile off their face, and still showing some condensation drip.
hey hose beast...mine is out because my turbo is bigger than your fucking wannabe brownstone.

Yeah, I said it

:p

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
and i hear it's still slow as hell... :D

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
that big ol turbo did it. it b0rked yore car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts