Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a set of 330 injectors from a 90+ MX6 that I am going to install in my 89. The problem is cleaning them? How exactly do you you clean them without ruining them? I am particularly worried about the mesh screen inside and the rubber grommets. I figured that I would soak them in injector cleaner, but even if I do, how would I remove the sludge inside? I don't want to go buckwild with an air compressor trying to blow out anything that might be in there if it might ruin them in the process:shrug:

anyone have any suggestions for the correct way to do this?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Doesn't cleaning them usually require some dedicated machinery? Something that pumps the solvent through the injectors? Soaking them with the pintles closed won't do much good for the surface between the pintle and where it seats. I don't think you'd be doing anything that filling up with Chevron or Texaco everytime wouldn't do.

RC engineering will clean, then balance/flowmatch the injectors for about $25 an injector. Personally, that'll be my plan with some 330s.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see thats what I don't know? These injectors came out of a 91GT from the junkyard, and although I THINK that they work. I don't want to swap them over and then realize that the reason the 91 was in the junkyard in the first place was because one or all of the injectors were bad :shrug: I'm just wondering if I should just clean them up physically and install with some injector cleaner in the gas, or actuall go the extra step to have someone clean and test etc etc??? I know that would gaurantee a hassle free install, but what if they work fine without all of the hoopla, $25 each seems like alot of drama, but then again so does a couple hour disassembly and reinestall only to disassemble and reinstall again.

anyone have any other advice?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i remember julio used to soak them with something for a day or 2, how about u install them, and see if they work, if not then go ahead and have them cleaned. :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts