Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so late May i will be paying your part of the world a visit for 3 months!
staying with some friends, in Gig Harbour, that use to live here for the first month, then seeing the rest of the country with them for the next two.

just wanting to know what, if anything, there is to do in your neck of the woods?

appreciate any ideas...prehaps some of you US 6er's could show an aussie how ya do it over there :p

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Gig Harbor eh? Not much to do on that side of the Peninsula. We've got all types of stuff to do around here though. City life, camping, trails, nice driving roads, mountains are just a couple hours away east or west. The coast is a few hours away, though the water is a bit colder than from where you are ;)

What do you like to do?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pikes place market. The first starbucks. Underground seattle tour.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie,

Do you like to drink? I could give you the name of a few place in Seattle that my mates from the land down under really like to go too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
indeed i like to drink! but i guess im under the legal age there huh?
wtf is wrong with your country! driving at 16 and drinking at 21:shrug: you should do it like us...they give you your license and a bottle of burbon and tell you to crash into a tree.

i am open to all kinds of ideas, preferably cheep yet fun

ill also take that list of bars and a list of ways to get into them :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Well you need to see Seattle, Space Needle and Pikes place.

If you are going to stay over on that side more take a drive out too the hood canal and the cascades.

You could also go the snoqualmie falls if you are over in Seattle its more toward the mountain pass but not that much of a drive from Seattle.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
agree with lambera. also, right next to the space needle is experience music project if you like music museum stuff. if you go there, you also get admission to the science fiction museum which is definitely worth it if you're a nerd. there's also the pacific science center

snoqualmie falls is great especially if you go down the path and hop the fence and jump around the rocks down there. lots of people go to take pics. make sure you go during the day or start leaving right before sunset.

underground city tour is expensive for what you get (a look at a toilet in the basement :p)

go catch some sports action at qwest field or safeco field depending on what's going on while you're here.

go check out Victoria and Vancouver BC. Buchart Gardens should be good during the summer

go do some shopping in Portland (3 hours drive from seattle) but no sales tax (but not much else to do)

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'll give ya' directions to my place, you can help me yank out my motor!!:p

Oh, and bring an N/A 2.2 motor with ya'!!;)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you should bring me some e-spec headlights/corners for the 1g mx6. I promise not to ban you :D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well you were staying in the armpit of of Washington :p

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
if gig harbor is the armpit of washington then tacoma must be the corn hole lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts