Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my left lower control arm, and on the front throughbolt there was a big rubber bushing over the head of the bolt. When I loosened the bolt the bushing just fell off. Im in the process of putting everything back together, but I cant figure out how this bushing was ever attached to begin with. Any help would be appreciated. (93 no abs v6 manual tranny)

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I was under my car one of these came off in my hand. the other side was solid. They might be just to damp out vibrations maybe.
I'm not really sure and have the same question.

I think they are originally attached to the big washer and eventually corrode and fall off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the bushings for the throughbolt are banged in with a rubber mallet. And yes they are there to dampen vibration. They also reduce friction and wear. The bushing should be snug with the hole it was in. If it fell out it's worn and you should replace it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont see where it would be pressed into. It looks like it was attached to the washer on the throughbolt, but it just covered the head of the bolt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts