Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...I've been concentrating on suspension and the smaller things that need attention to. I fixed my broken window motor and regulator thanks to compnuts21. :tup: but I don't have pics of that.

I do have pics of my latest small project. I bought some DIY polyurethane and made my own solid motor mounts for the front and rear mounts. I also got in the right size front sway bar bushings from energysuspensionparts.com. They had sent me a box that was labeled right, but had the wrong bushings inside. They took care of it by paying for me to return it and would send me the right ones.

Finally, 20mm sway bar bushings for my 1G.


80A polyurethane from energysuspensionparts.com

mounts filled in. I did 2 front mounts, one rear, and on front mx3 mount for my bro.

top side after a day of setting.

back side where we put duct tape to seal it off.

Another close look at the rear mount.

Empty rear mount

Empty front mount

poly filled front mount

poly filled rear mount



I also ordered some new clutch/brake pedals for the dealer ship to replace my old worn out pedal pads. And at $12 for both it was a good deal to me.

New pedal pads from the dealer.

The old worn ones.

New pedal pads in place.


I also bought an oil catch can for my car to replace that water bottle that I have been using. :lol:

Still not done with it yet. I was just mocking it up to see where the best location would be. Plus I have to run a return tube to the intake manifold.



And last but not least, a 3 inch flange for a 5 bolt exhaust housing from APTturbo.com
This is what I'll use to make a new o2 collector when I upgrade to a .63 a/r exhaust housing. My current turbo is a PTE GT3251B and has a .48 a/r exhaust side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the whole process was easier than I thought. So Ill probably do it again for my brother's mx3 motor mounts. He want all of them solid.

I got a chance to relocate the oil catch can to a better place. Also got all the lines hooked up to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The polyurethane mix was 27.99 + tax, s&h from. So it was a total of about $32. Its 1lb of mix and good enough for about five mounts.

Got a chance to test them today. Big difference as expected. Not too much cabin vibration but I don't care about that. I only backed it out of the driveway. Its been cold and raining so I couldn't test it on the streets. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
The polyurethane mix was 27.99 + tax, s&h from. So it was a total of about $32. Its 1lb of mix and good enough for about five mounts.

Got a chance to test them today. Big difference as expected. Not too much cabin vibration but I don't care about that. I only backed it out of the driveway. Its been cold and raining so I couldn't test it on the streets. :(
sweet well let us know how it works out. :D looks cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the weather cleared up a bit. It was a cool partly cloudy day and dry roads. I took it around the lake down the road. A couple of easy twisting lefts and rights. Overall big improvement over the sloppy stock mounts. The front end feels stiffer and shifting more crisp. Cabin vibration is quite abit but only on initial take off in first gear and idle. I for one am satisfied with this upgrade and for 1/4 the price of awr mounts and the ability to make five, I think this is well worth the time and investment.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top