Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1989 Mx-6 GT and i was wondering what all you first generations use for oil. i could use some input, the person we bought the car lost the owners manual sometime ago. thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
405 Posts
i use regular 10w30 mobil oil. no synthetic for this mazda. as far as the owners manual, check out ebay they always have owners manuals up for sale.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I use 10w-30 Mobil One Tri-Synth, though many disagree...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've used Mobil 1 20W-50 for many years... Wonderful stuff.

Currently, I'm running Mobil 1 5W-30. However, I'll be switching to Royal Purple 10W-40 in about 700 miles.

I strongly recommend the use of synthetics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mobil 1 10W-30 ever since I got the car in the summer of'99 with 99k miles on it.
I've used other stuff but it makes the car feel sluggish.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I use Mobil Drive Clean Blend. It is their synthetic blend. The owner before me used full synthetic which caused it to leak oil from everywhere! This spring I will finish stopping the leaks with a new oil pan gasket and front main seal.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Glad to see some people using synthetics besides me! I leak too, but only from my turbo seal. Remember the synthetic oil doesn't actually CAUSE the leak, it just cleans all the sludge and varnish off your old seals, revealing leakyness that was there to begin with.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I also use Mobil synthetic blend 10w-30. And yes I did use Mobil 1 when I had Kenny's mx-6, and it started leaking like a whore after I did that. That's why I'm afraid to use it on my car, since it dosent leak anything. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts