·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just in the market for a new one and was wonderng

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've got the Haynes manual (Repco) and for a novice like me it's very informative.

Am going to attempt to change my 02 sensors soon by myself - that'll be a real test of man and machine!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shes looking sweet.
BTW found a manual, haines one, but it has two models compiled 85-90 and a bout 4 engines in one book. but better still than Gregorys

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this one for 626 only( also TX5, Teltar)

Engines covered:
2.0 8-valves
2.0 12-valves
2.2 12-valves
(all 3 engines than have two versions, carby and EFI)

Not sure about ATX breakdown.

MX6 book is also avalible, 2.2 Turbo, but repco can't get them in.

I havent bought it yet, but soon. the factory manuals are on my 'to get' list, expencive but worth it. though after i get an alarm.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have been using the haynes one with my tx5 turbo, although i have it to be a bit too based on the old 8 valve carby. I think it is alrgiht for somethings, but doesnt go into great detail on the 12v 2.2L.

It covers the turbo,.... but very vaguely

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought the haynes for my 2nd gen mx6 a few months ago, it is ok for the $40 and yes it does have a chapter on auto's.

If I could get a workshop for $100 then I would pay the extra but from what I hear closer to $300.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woo, what manual are you talking about? im guessing Haynes. i didn't go back to get one, it just looked to basic and based on other engines

BTW, about vacuming, you got to becarefull, i promised mine id do it for two weeks and when i didn't she burned me when i was checking oil. God they are just like women :)

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
G'day
This isn't exactly of topic, {It does have something to do with work shop manuals} And it seamed silly starting a new thread for a simple Q&A. So here goes---
Hopefully someone with a manual can tell me something about the drive shaft baring on the drivers side {there is a shaft from the gearbox to the C.V. , with a bearing at the C.V. end of it. }I was hopping to find out the size so I can get a non-genuine one...Or even what it is called...
I put a post in the general maintenance but to no avail..
Help me Obie wan kanoby you’re my only hope...
May the force be with you..:)
Toodles...PK

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Oops my bad !

Sorry I should have made that clear.
It's the wheel end, there is a socket that the C.V. plugs into. I'm after the bearing associated with that.
:) PK

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry P.K. nothing inn Gregory's. i cant help, try maintanence forum

·
Registered
68 Posts
manuals

I've got the hanyes manual. It doesn't have to much in it about the GT mx-6. I also had a Chilton manual, but due to army moving company I no longer have it. It breaks down everything, including codes, wiring, everything you can imagine. The only problem is finding the older ones. Latest publishing's are for a wide range of mazda cars and are to general. not much help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the Haynes.

626/probe/mx6 1993 thru 1998. published 1999.
cost $49.00 (Parrammatta - Church St bookshop)

4WSB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts