Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have replaced both control arms, CV axles, struts, strut bearings, and tie rods. I have a lot of play in my steering and I have gone through 2 sets of strut mounts this past year. here is a scenario, step on the gas ca veers to the left and steering wheel turns to the right, let off the gas car veers right and steering turns left. and there is a sound on sharp turns that sounds like flexing metal, picture a sheet of sheet metal and wiggling it. I have taken it to 2 places and know one can figure out what the problem is. help.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Have you checked out your control arms bushings? Bad bushings on the control arm can cause that too. Before I did the bushings my car would do EXACTLY what yours is doing when accelerating. Wiggle the hub/ tire when the cars jacked up and check for play. I know thats how you check for bad tie rods, but if you do that, or have a friend do it while you pay attention to the bushings, you can see what the problem is.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
yip sounds like your lower control arm bushes ( now you say you replaced them) but Jack the car up and see if you can wiggle the wheel left right(towards the front and rear)
if you can do it with your hands your bushes are farked...

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
To complete the possible parts, ensure you changed both inner and outer tie rods, and stabilizer end links, and wheel bearings. If that doesn't fix your issues (along with alignment), I don't know what will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts