Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

What? No RX-8 threads?

515 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  992mmx3-t 
#1 ·
I'm real new here. Just found this place last night by reference to it from rx8forum.com

I've owned a '93 MX-6 since '96 & just recently bought an RX-8. Trying to keep the MX-6 going as my daily driver. Glad to find this place cuz the car has several "issues" now.

I find it a bit puzzling that there's no reference to the new RX-8. I see one for the Mazda6 though. The RX-8 seems more like the way to go from an MX-6.

Have I overlooked something?

#2 ·
There were quite a few rx8 threads when they were first coming out. There's no forum for them right now though. There aren't many people on here that I know of that have rotary cars, except for the few rx7 people, and now you. It probably wouldn't be very informative if we did start one, since there aren't a lot of people with experience on them. That's jut my view though, I don't know if that's the reason or not.

#4 ·
A lot of RX-8 owners are those who have / had an MX-6 or the Probe. Not to knock the new 6, I was disappointed in my first impressions of it when I first saw one at the dealership & decided right then to shift my attention to the 8. I would imagine a lot of MX-6 owners feel the same desire for the low-to-the-ground (dare I say "sports car"?) styling that the new 6 simply does not have. Even the 8 is a couple of inches higher than the MX-6. The CG of the 2 cars must be very close to the same.

Ah. Blahblahblah... Anyway, I was a bit suprised not to find any reference to it at all here, that's all.

I'm real glad to have finally found this place! Real glad!

#5 ·
We actually decided to focus on the specific level of car. The rotary-head scene is way different than the MX6 scene.
The 1st Gen 626 was almost the same car as the MX-6, and the new 6 replaced that line. So the 626, MX-6 and Mazda6 are pretty much at the same level even though they fill different segments.

When you have a car club with cars at drastically different levels it creates an ongoing rivalry that is not healthy for a community site. We already have enough issues between the 1G and 2G MX-6.

#7 ·
Dont get me wrong. I'd love to have a RX-8 section, but I know what would happen.
The whole "my &%$# is bigger than yours" thing would get out of control really quickly.

Maybe I should create a new site for the RX-8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.