Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, question for you guys. need to replace front rotors and pads on my 95 4 banger mx6. I have gone with cheap pads before and they suck and dont' last. what do you guys suggest if you know price too it would be helpfull. right now from crappy tire is

Monroe oads $48 bucks
canadian tire certified $45

Rotors
wagners $ 59.00 each

thanks.

javier

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Any old rotor will do as long as it's of a decent quality. Avoid the cross-drilled/slotted, they really don't do much.

For pads, I suggest and recommend Hawk HPS. I got mine from www.tirerack.com. They go for $62 USD for the fronts and $52 USD for the rears (~$135 Canadian + shipping + about $20 in customs).

They produce virtually no brake dust... did squeak a TINY amount when I first broke them in but have since made no noise, and best of all, they stop wonderfully.

I was trying to bring 225/40/18 tires and wheels to a stop on some generic brake stuff and rear drums (I also have an I4). I swapped to rear discs, got Brembo blank rotors, the Hawk pads and SS brake lines... needless to say, it does alot better now.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i replaced my whole brake system last summer.. used everything monroe. workign great.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I've researched a little on pads and I'm going to go with Hawk HPS for my next set...less dust, low noise, etc.

You can get them from PartSource in T.O. for 80 or 90 CDN$

·
Registered
517 Posts
and get kvr rotors, cad plated, expensive but well worth it

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
izzy said:
i have brembo rotors if you want for sale!

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1301343#post1301343

Btw, Hawk hps made huge difference, stopping power is awesome, i can lock up wheels on hiway speeds now! :)
You should be able to lock up your wheels at any speed in any car, and it's not an advantageous method of braking by any means. ABS is designed to eliminate lock-up to prevent morons from stomping the pedal and sliding into cars in front of them. Learn how to threshold brake to the point of lock-up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the point im trying to make is that i couldnt do it before on my old pads (some noname) even at speeds about 30kmh, with the pedal floored. Fade reduced alot as well, earlier i could hardly get through autoX run, now fade on autoX is not a concern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts